I can't believe how behind I am with my blogging! I swear, I have been baking and (occasionally taking pictures!) but just haven't been able to find 10 seconds to get it written down. I hope no one has forgotten about me. :)
I made these cupcakes for a Halloween party (yes, it was that long ago!) but they're great for any fall baking event. Not too gingery, great flavor, and perfect as mini bite-sized cupcakes. When I make them I occasionally do a spider web design on the top using concentric circles and a toothpick to drag through them, but this time I decided to go plain.
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 stick butter, melted and cooled
1 cup sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 stick butter
6 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
1 scant teaspoon cinnamon
1-2 teaspoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325. Line muffin tins with liners or spray with Pam.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
- Using paddle attachment beat melted butter, sugar, and pumpkin until smooth. Mix in eggs. On low speed add flour mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Fill each liner about 1/2-3/4 full. Bake about 25 minutes. For mini cupcakes bake about 19 minutes. Cool in pan 10 minutes and then remove.
- Beat butter, cream cheese, and vanilla until smooth. Add sugar and beat about 1 minute on medium speed after incorporated. If you want to do spider webs, reserve 1/4 cup of frosting. Stir in cinnamon and add enough milk to make it pourable but still thick.
- Frost cupcakes. If doing a spider web, frost the white icing smooth. Pipe 3-4 concentric circles of cinnamon icing on top. Starting in center, drag a toothpick outwards through the circles in 5 places, equally spaced.
Recipe from Cupcakes!